...

In Other Words, The Place I Document My LEGO Creations

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Experimentia-Class Battleship


     The Experimentia-Class battleship is another of my experiments using the SNOT (Studs Not On Top) building technique. If you look closely, the round, silver stack of curved bricks that makes up the central part of the ship is on its side. I built everything else on to the sides of this stack with the help of some handy bricks with studs on the side. It kind of looks like a guitar, now that I think about it.


Front View
 Side View


Rear View


Top View   







 The Studs Not On Top technique involves bricks with studs on the sides, not just on top. Examples:



These three aren't the only SNOT bricks available, but they demonstrate the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment